This is a tool which can be used to add an overlay texture to your video by simply using the famous ffmpeg libraries.
Brief function(Working flow):
1. Open and calculate total video file duration for a specified AVI file(*Not all the video containers are fully supported, but you can have a try).
2. Decode video frames.
3. Get current timestamp for every video frame.
4. Calculate the timestamp for every video frame by adding a specified base time to the current timestamp.
5. Generate the font pixel matrix by using the system default font and a specified font color.
6. Calculate the width, height, and total pixels for the temp font image. (*Calculated width is not accurate in the current version).
7. Mix the temp font image to decoded buffer pixel by pixel by a specified offset coordinate.
8. Encode the video frame.
9. Re-write to an AVI.
You can start your own text overlay by following steps:
1. Launch the application by a double-click.
2. Input “Overlay Text”, “Start Datetime” in the UI, and select your video file.
3. Click button “Start”.
PS. It’s only a test/demo version for now, so I included a telnet server which I’ll remove it in the formal version, this is very useful, especially when you run into issues.
You can run test commands simply by following steps:
1. Open a command shell.
2. Connect to the telnet server by commands like this: telnet localhost 2500.
3. Skip the authorization by Enter.
4. Type command: easyosdhelp to view the supported command list.